A family-owned business, homegrown in the heart of Ballard, Ballard Health Club is committed to providing a comprehensive, quality fitness experience to every member.
Since 1998 BHC has provided the highest level of service possible while cultivating the personal connections and community feel of a neighborhood gym. We offer a friendly, supportive atmosphere for exercise and relaxation to everyone who comes through our door. Need proof? Ballard Health Club is consistently the highest rated gym in the Ballard area on Yelp.
We provide uncomplicated, reasonably priced memberships, and we do not employ a sales force. In fact, we are staffed almost entirely by personal trainers, who are happy to answer any of your fitness questions and show you how to use the gym.
At BHC, we strive to provide a superior fitness experience for our members by including a broad selection of exercise equipment, a wide range of yoga and group fitness classes, and professional trainers to make the most of your investment in time spent at the Club. Fitness Training and Nutrition Coaching are included in the cost of membership.
OUR FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- Cardio floor – Our extensive cardio machinery includes ellipticals, cross-training ellipticals, treadmills, stationary bikes, stair climbers, adaptive motion trainers, and rowing machines.
- Pin-selected weight machines – For a controlled workout, these machines help you target specific muscle groups.
- Free weights – A complete, comprehensive free weight section with Olympic barbells (both steel and bumper plates), dumbbells, and benches for a workout tailored to your needs.
- Dynamic/Functional Fitness areas – Featuring pull-up bars, kettlebells, sandbells, medicine balls, BOSUs, plyo-boxes, rings and TRX Suspension Trainers.
- Stretching rooms/floor space – We have two rooms dedicated to stretching and floor exercises to allow you to prepare for your workout, to do core work, or for individual yoga or mat pilates.
- Boxing Room – With both a heavy bag and a speed bag.
- Group Exercise Classrooms – Our downstairs classroom (Studio X) is where the majority of our strength and cardio classes are held. Our upstairs classroom (Studio Y) is a private and serene setting for our yoga, barre, and pilates classes. Both studios are available for your own use when a class is not in session.
- Locker Rooms/Saunas – The locker rooms are equipped with showers, saunas, individual lockers, and hair dryers. Shower and workout towels are provided for you.
- Parking – Parking permits are available to all members with monthly renewing and annual memberships, and may be purchased at the front desk. We have three lots for members to park in while at the club, please click here to view our parking map.
- 24/7 Access – If you are a monthly renewing or yearly membership holder and wish to have 24/7 access to the gym, you may do so by purchasing special RFID key fob at the front desk for a one-time technology charge of $10. Learn More.
- Free WiFi – Just ask the front desk for the password!
Ballard Health Club is located in the historic Ballard Building. You can find entrances to Ballard Health Club on both NW Market Street and 22nd Avenue Northwest. Please drop in anytime during Front Desk Hours to check us out - no appointment is necessary. We offer a single-visit trial to individuals interested in joining BHC, just bring a photo ID and matching credit or debit card for security purposes. Note that free parking is not available to non-members.